So now its that time when we finally say goodbye to a good ole pal Don Quixote. Its sad to see him leave especially since he died, but i think that Cervantes made the right decision in killing Don Quixote.It made sure that no one could make fun of his lovable protagonist . Ive learned from Don Quixote that it is ok to step into your own world of imagination sometimes, but you have to learn when you need to return to reality. Sancho taught me that i should always stay humble and help those in need. I think that this class was beneficial, but i feel like there were some places on which it could have been improved. For example, the final project although it was not the instructor’s fault i think that my group got the short end of the stick with our project. While the other groups had the ability to but books in their display we have to stick to a two dimensional project.
Well its the End
- The Death of a Hero — http://www.online-literature.com/cervantes/don_quixote/1 Don Quixote dedicated himself to chivalry, and he embarked on many adventures that he suffered consequences for. Don Quixote, to me, died as a hero. Although I don’t think Don Quixote should have ended like this, I understand that it was the best decision. http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/terry-gilliam-back-with-don-quixote-1201791 Miguel De Cervantes’ novel Don Quixote was about a crazy man [...]
- Remebering Several Quixotes — How will I remember Don Quixote from this semester? For me, as time progressed throughout the course, I had a constantly changing opinion of Don Quixote and who he was. Sometimes he came across as a total crazy person to me. Other times I felt that he was someone I should feel pity for, as [...]
- A Bitter End — In all honesty, I enjoyed being able to go on a journey with Don Quixote throughout this semester. I enjoyed critically analyze Miguel de Cervantes’ novel, Don Quixote. Throughout the novel, I admired Don Quixote’s steadfast focus on the goal of achieving knight-errantry and his pursuit of a life of adventure and service. Towards the [...]
- Don Quixote’s Legacy as a Heroi... — “When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!” -Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote http://www.playbill.com/article/man-of-la-manchas-impossible-dreamer-richard-kiley-dead-at-76-com-80457 Having [...]
- The Story of Don Quixote — How will I remember the story of Don Quixote? I will remember it as one of the strangest, but good stories I have read and learned about. Before I joined this FSEM, I was very skeptical what I could learn about the very old story of Don Quixote. I will say that it did prove [...]